Posted on September 16, 2020
Forget the golden arches, try these golden rings with our heavenly Sriracha ketchup! Crunchy, oil-free and incredibly addictive, you’ll be making these more often than you think!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 3 large onions
- 2 Tbsp of flour (add an additional 1 Tbsp for a thicker batter)
- 200 ml of plant-based milk
- 1 tsp of paprika powder
- 200 grams of panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp of paprika powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 150 ml tomato passata
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of soy sauce
- 2 tsp of Deliciou Sriracha Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Prepare a baking tray by lining it with baking paper. Set aside.
- Prepare the onion rings by cutting the tip off the stem side and removing the peel. Slice the onions horizontal into ½-inch-thick rings and carefully separate each ring from each other. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl or dish, prepare your wet mix by whisking the ingredients together until smooth. Set aside.
- In another bowl, prepare your dry mix by whisking all ingredients together so that all dry ingredients are distributed evenly. Set aside.
- Lay out your wet mix, dry mix and baking tray in a line from left to right to create a mini-production line! Now you are ready to assemble your onion rings.
- Dip each onion ring first in the wet mix, then roll it in the dry mix and then place it onto the lined baking tray, ensuring they don’t touch.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- For the hero of the show - the Sriracha ketchup, mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth and serve immediately with your golden onion rings! Yum!
Grab your Deliciou Sriracha Seasoning online and get free shipping US & Canada wide on orders over $30.