Broccoli and Tofu Skewers
Posted on August 24, 2020
We take two ingredients that people find boring and show you who’s boss! In this recipe broccoli and tofu are made delicious with simple ingredients and become a great appetizer and addition to any family BBQ!
Easy to eat and tonnes of fun to make, save this recipe for your next BBQ or get together!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 Hard Tofu Package
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli, cut
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Deliciou Chicken Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Black pepper
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 2 lemon wedges
- Lemon zest
- 4 -5 bamboo skewers
- Place the bamboo skewers in a shallow tray with water to soak. This will help protect them from burning during cooking.
- Prepare the marinade for the tofu by mixing the olive oil, lemon juice, black pepper and Deliciou Chicken Seasoning in a bowl.
- Cut tofu into 1- 1 ½ inch cubes and place gently into the marinade. Allow to marinade whilst preparing the broccoli.
- Cut broccoli into bite sized pieces. Include the stalk if you wish! Just remember to peel the hard outer layer.
- Place the broccoli pieces into a bowl and cover with boiling water until each piece is fully submerged.
- Cover and let sit for 2-5 minutes, or until just tender enough to pierce with a skewer. Drain broccoli with colander and rinse under cold water to stop further cooking.
- Assemble the skewers, alternating the tofu and broccoli pieces. Keep tofu marinade for basting the skewers.
- In a pan or grill, heat up some oil on medium heat. Place skewers in a single layer on the pan and cover with lid. Turn every few minutes and baste with tofu marinade until broccoli is tender and tofu is golden and crispy. This should take approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with some lemon wedges, chopped herbs and sprinkle lemon zest for an explosion of flavours!
Grab your Deliciou Chicken Seasoning online and get free shipping US wide for all orders over $30.