Posted on September 16, 2020
Say bye-bye to store-bought preservative-packed hummus! Once you’ve tried our recipe, you’ll be wondering why you didn’t make your hummus at home earlier. Healthy, cheap, tasty and fresh, this simple dip couldn’t get any easier! Made with just a few ingredients, this recipe keeps in the fridge for up to one week and makes for the perfect healthy snack. Add as much or as little garlic seasoning as you like to really personalise the flavour!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) well-stirred tahini
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice (1 large lemon)
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 tsp Deliciou Garlic Lovers Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1 can chickpeas or 1 1/2 cups (250 grams) cooked chickpeas
- 2-3 Tbsp (30 to 45 ml) water
- Dash of ground paprika for serving
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the tahini, lemon juice, oil, Deliciou Garlic Lovers Seasoning, cumin and chickpeas. Turn the food processor on and blend for at least 1 minute, scrape down the slides and blend again for another 30 seconds.
- Most likely the hummus will be too thick or still have tiny bits of chickpea. To fix this, with the food processor turned on, slowly add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water until you reach the perfect consistency.
- Taste for salt and adjust as needed. Serve hummus with a drizzle of olive oil and dash of paprika. Store homemade hummus in an airtight container and refrigerate up to one week.
Grab your Deliciou Garlic Lovers Seasoning online and get free worldwide shipping for all orders over $30.