Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sliders
Posted on July 27, 2021
These sweet and tangy sliders are the perfect food for game day! Packed full of flavor and complete with soft, garlicky buns, these vegan BBQ chicken sliders will impress even the meat-eaters!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 1 box Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ½ small red onion, finely sliced
- ½ cup barbeque sauce
- 7 oz can crushed pineapple, reserve liquid
- 2 Tbsp pineapple juice from can
- ½ tsp worcestershire sauce
- 12 hawaiian rolls
- Vegan cheese slices
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp parsley flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Prepare chicken as shreds according to package instructions. Pan fry in 3 Tbsp oil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 mins or until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, lower the heat and add the garlic and onion. Cook for 30 sec until fragrant, then pour in the barbeque sauce, pineapple juice, pineapple and worcestershire sauce, then stir until heated through. Add the chicken back into the sauce and stir to combine. Add salt if desired.
- Leaving the hawaiian rolls joined as a loaf, slice them in half horizontally so you can take the tops off. Place the bottoms in a large baking dish, then add a layer of vegan cheese slices, a layer of bbq chicken, and another layer of cheese. Add the roll tops back on.
- In a heatsafe bowl, add the butter and ½ tsp minced garlic and microwave until melted. Stir in the parsley flakes (optional), then brush the tops of the rolls with the garlic butter. Bake for 10 mins or until cheese is melted.
- Pull apart the sliders and eat them straight away! Enjoy!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken online and get free shipping US wide for all orders over $30.