Chicken Caesar Salad
Posted on March 08, 2021
Miss the taste of a good old fashioned creamy Caesar salad? Well you don’t have to! This simple vegan chicken Caesar salad is our go-to crowd pleaser. Creamy and crunchy, with a delightful tang, it makes for a filling lunch or a delicious side. You’ll be smiling as you watch your friends dig in, because they won’t believe how good it tastes - and it’s 100% plant-based!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 box Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 slices bread of your choice, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 2 tsp Deliciou Fries Seasoning
For the dressing:
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Deliciou Ranch Seasoning
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp worcestershire sauce (vegan)
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
- Prepare chicken according to package directions, mixing in ½ tsp salt. Form into 3 large patties, then cover and refrigerate until step 5.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Put the chopped kale and lettuce in a large bowl, pour in half the dressing and toss to coat. Keep remaining dressing for later.
- Toss bread cubes with 2 Tbsp olive oil and the Deliciou Fries Seasoning, then bake on a tray for about 10 mins, or until golden and crispy.
- Pan fry the chicken patties in a thin layer of oil over medium heat until golden brown on all sides. Remove from pan and slice into strips, then sprinkle over the salad, as well as the croutons. Drizzle over remaining dressing and enjoy straight away!