Thai Beef Salad
Posted on December 23, 2020
Pass on the take out and make this fresh and easy Thai Beef Salad instead!
A classic at any restaurant, remake this flavorful favourite at home with delicious strips of plant-based beef, an irresistibly tangy dressing and crisp vegetables. Perfect as a light lunch, side dish or appetizer!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
For the dressing:
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 long red chilli pepper, finely diced
For the salad:
- 6 lettuce leaves, coarsely chopped
- 9 oz punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup crushed peanuts, to garnish
- Fresh cilantro, to garnish
- Fresh mint, to garnish
- Prepare beef according to package directions. Shape into thumb sized strips.
- Heat 3 Tbsp oil in a fry pan over medium-high heat and fry the beef strips until golden brown. Season with salt and set aside.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small jug.
- Add the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and onion to a large bowl. Add half the dressing and gently toss to combine.
- Serve in individual bowls topped with beef strips. Drizzle over the remaining dressing and garnish with peanuts, cilantro and mint. Enjoy!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Beef online and get free shipping US wide for all orders over $30.