Thai Beef Salad
Posted on December 23, 2020
Pass on the take out and make this fresh and easy Thai Beef Salad instead!
A classic at any restaurant, remake this flavourful favourite at home with delicious strips of plant-based beef, an irresistibly tangy dressing and crisp vegetables. Perfect as a light lunch, side dish or appetizer!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 6 lettuce leaves, coarsely shredded
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup peanuts, crushed, to garnish
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Fresh mint, to garnish
For the beef:
- 1 packet Deliciou Plant-Based Beef
- 1 cup (240ml) water
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp grated palm sugar
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 long red chilli, finely diced
- Combine all the beef ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Shape into thumb sized strips.
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium-high heat and fry the beef strips until golden brown. Set aside.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small jug.
- Bring together the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and onion in a large bowl. Add half the dressing and gently toss to combine.
- To serve, divide the salad between 4 bowls and top with beef strips.
- Drizzle over the remaining dressing and garnish with peanuts, coriander and mint. Enjoy!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Beef online and get free US & Canada wide shipping for all orders over $30.