Pork Vermicelli Noodle Salad
Posted on December 07, 2020
This noodle salad is our go-to for those hot summer days, is quick to make and really flexible! With yummy nuggets of plant-based pork, you can easily swap out the veggies for what you’ve got on hand - top it all off with this tasty sauce and you’ve got yourself a winner!
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- ½ long red chilli, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 8 oz vermicelli noodles
- 6 lettuce leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 cucumber, sliced in half moons
- ¼ cup peanuts, crushed
- Fresh cilantro, to garnish
- Fresh mint, to garnish
- Using boiling water, soak the noodles according to the packet instructions, and drain once tender.
- Prepare pork according to directions, adding ½ tsp salt, then shape into ½ inch thick thumb-sized strips.
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium-high heat and fry the pork strips until golden brown. Set aside.
- Combine the sauce ingredients, except sugar, in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 60 seconds, then add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- To assemble, divide the noodles, lettuce, carrot, cucumber and pork between 4 bowls and spoon over the dressing. Garnish with peanuts, cilantro and mint. Enjoy!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Pork online and get free shipping US wide for all orders over $30.