Posted on December 23, 2020
Who needs takeout when you can make THIS?!
Enjoy one of your favourite Chinese dishes completely plant-based and made at home! Tasty strips of stir fried plant-based beef are covered in this slightly sweet and flavourful sauce - making this the ultimate dish to serve with rice. So good and so easy, you’ll want to savour every tasty bite!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 packet Deliciou Plant-Based Beef
- 3 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
For the sauce:
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- ½ tsp Chinese five spice
- ½ tsp chilli pepper flakes (optional)
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch + 2 Tbsp water, mixed
- Steamed greens
- Steamed rice
- Prepare the beef according to package directions, mixing in 2 Tbsp plain flour and 1 Tbsp soy sauce. Shape into thumb sized strips.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frypan over medium-high heat and fry the beef strips until golden brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan over medium-high heat, stir fry the onion, garlic and ginger in 2 Tbsp oil for 2 minutes or until slightly softened. Add the five spice and chilli pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the soy sauce and brown sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Then, add cornstarch mixture to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the beef strips to the pan and cook to warm through. Serve right away with steamed greens and rice. Enjoy!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Beef online and get free shipping US wide for all orders over $30.