Posted on December 23, 2020
This plant-based meatball sub is all that and some! Using our Deliciou Plant-Based Beef, these meatballs come out juicy and tender. Topped with a rich tomato sauce, stringy mozzarella and served on top of warm crusty bread. Heaven!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 4 large long bread rolls, split lengthways
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 700g tomato passata
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella, grated
For the meatballs:
- 1 packet Deliciou Plant-Based Beef
- 1 cup (240ml) water
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all the beef ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Shape mixture into 16 meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat and fry the meatballs until golden brown.
- Add the passata and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 5-6 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Preheat the grill to high and place opened bread rolls onto a lined baking tray.
- Fill each bread roll with 4 meatballs and top with tomato sauce and mozzarella.
- Place the tray under the grill for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Beef online and get free worldwide shipping for all orders over $30.