Maple Bacon Pancakes
Posted on July 27, 2021
We took a (maple) leaf out of the Canadians’ book and made this epic vegan maple bacon pancake recipe! They’re fluffy on the inside and super crispy on the outside, with just the right amount of maple bacon. Top with maple syrup or try our easy maple bacon caramel recipe!
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- 1.5 cups almond or coconut milk
- 1.5 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Deliciou Maple Bacon Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- Combine the milk and apple cider vinegar, then allow to sit for 10 mins.
- Use a whisk to mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar and Deliciou Maple Bacon Seasoning until evenly distributed.
- Once the milk has thickened slightly, whisk into the flour mixture. Mix in the melted coconut oil and maple syrup, ensuring there are no lumps. Let sit for 5-10 mins to allow it to get super fluffy.
- Heat a non-stick frypan to medium heat and fry in vegan butter or a little coconut oil until golden brown on both sides. Serve warm with a drizzle of maple syrup or this Easy Maple Bacon Caramel and dig in!
Pro tip: The apple cider vinegar and plant milk creates a vegan buttermilk, which helps the pancakes to become super light and fluffy - so don’t skip this important step!