Shredded Chicken Nachos
Posted on February 28, 2021
This is our fool proof recipe for plant-based loaded nachos! With tasty shreds of plant-based chicken and colourful toppings bursting with flavour, this is a definite crowd-pleaser for vegans and meat-eaters alike!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 bags corn chips
- Cilantro, chopped (to garnish)
- 1 packet Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ cup pickled jalapenos, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup vegan mayo
- 1 Tbsp Deliciou Nacho Cheese Seasoning
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Prepare chicken as mince according to the packet instructions, adding ¼ tsp salt to the mix.
- In a large pan over medium heat, fry the chicken and onion in 3 Tbsp olive oil for 5 mins, breaking up the pieces as you stir. Allow 30 sec between stirring to allow crispy bits to form. Add in the rest of the topping ingredients, and stir to warm through for another 3 mins.
- Arrange 1 bag of the corn chips on a large ovenproof platter. Top with the half the chicken mixture, then repeat with the remaining corn chips and chicken mix. Bake for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix the dressing ingredients together. Drizzle all over and garnish with cilantro and extra jalapenos. Serve immediately and dig in!