Cheesy Hash Browns
Posted on October 04, 2020
These golden hash browns are a quick and easy recipe to prepare the day before! Naturally lower in fat using our Deliciou Vegan Cheese Seasoning, make a few batches ahead of time to save for a tasty weekend treat or hearty breakfast. Yum!
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Freeze time: 2 hours or overnight
- 6 white potatoes
- 1/3 cup cornflour
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot/tapioca flour
- 2 Tbsp Deliciou Vegan Cheese Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Nuttelex or vegan butter
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Wash and peel the potatoes, grate and place in a bowl. If using pre-washed potatoes, there’s no need to peel!
- To remove starch and ensure a crispy hash brown, rinse the grated potatoes until water becomes clear.
- Drain and squeeze as much water as possible from potatoes. Then, spread on top of a clean tea towel and leave for a few minutes to dry.
- Finally, squeeze the potatoes once more with the tea towel to get any remaining water out. Transfer to a bowl, add the cornflour, arrowroot, Deliciou Vegan Cheese seasoning and sprinkle some salt.
- Incorporate all ingredients together with hands until you are able to form patties.
- On a lined baking tray, form hash browns by making individual balls, then flattening each ball with hands or a spoon. Place in freezer for at least 2 hours or overnight. Cooking them frozen will guarantee they will keep the shape.
- Heat vegan butter and vegetable oil in a pan on medium heat until hot. Place hash browns in and pan-fry for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with an extra sprinkling of Deliciou Vegan Cheese Seasoning and tomato sauce - delish!
Grab your Deliciou Vegan Cheese Seasoning online and get free shipping US wide for all orders over $30.