Posted on March 05, 2020
This plant based butter chicken will have you second guessing if it’s the real thing!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 box Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken
- 3 Tbsp vegan butter
For the sauce:
- 1 medium brown onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 3 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 14 oz can coconut cream (full fat)
- 1 tsp brown sugar (optional)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 4 naan breads
- 1 handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- Prepare the chicken according to package directions, then shape into 4 patties. Heat a large frying pan on medium heat, then fry the chicken patties in 3 Tbsp vegan butter until golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan and slice into bite sized pieces.
- In the same pan, fry the onion, garlic and ginger in 1 Tbsp oil until softened. Stir in the garam masala and curry powder for 30 seconds, then add the tomato paste, coconut cream and brown sugar (if you prefer a sweeter curry). Let simmer for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken pieces back into the sauce directly before serving. Divide the rice between four bowls, then serve up the butter chicken and cilantro on top with a side of naan bread. Enjoy!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken online and get free shipping US wide for all orders over $30.
Where is the recipe for the chicken curry? Would love to try that one!
The Butter Chicken recipe was good. It is my first Deliciou recipe and the “Chicken” was excellent. I love Indian food and changed the recipe a bit. I cooked my cashews first until they were tender – about 15 minutes and then added some Almond milk for the creaminess. Next time I’ll blend cashews per the recipe but will still add whole cashews. I really like the whole cashews that are so common to North Indian cooking. Can’t wait to try another recipe.
Hi i have try this recipe it was very nice WOW