Posted on March 05, 2020
This plant based butter chicken will have you second guessing if it’s the real thing!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 box of Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken
- 2 and ¾ cups water
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 x 140ml tub tomato paste
- A pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 x teaspoon of chilli powder (if you want it spicy)
- 2 x teaspoons garam masala
- 1 x teaspoon turmeric
- 1 x teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 x onion, chopped
- Cooked rice
- Naan bread
- 1 handful cilantro/coriander, roughly chopped
- For the sauce, add all of the sauce ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If you do not have a high-powered blender, you may want to soften the cashews first by boiling them in water for 10 minutes, draining, and then adding to the blender with all of the remaining ingredients. This will ensure you create a smooth sauce.
- To make up chicken, mix contents of packet into a bowl and add 1 cup of water + 1 Tbs of oil, mould into bite sized chicken pieces.
- In a large pan, add a good amount of canola oil and pan fry chicken until golden brown. Once golden brown, remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan on medium heat, add blended sauce mixture and continue to stir until bubbling. Add Plant-Based Chicken pieces and continue to stir for another 3 minutes or until warmed through. Make sure sauce doesn’t burn on the bottom.
- Serve over rice with a side of naan and garnish with cilantro/coriander. Enjoy!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken online and get free shipping US & Canada wide on orders over $30.