Bacony Chickpea Avo Toast
Posted on October 29, 2020
Who said fancy avocado toast has to be complicated? Whip up this delicious breadcrumb topping in minutes and you’ve got yourself an Insta-worthy brunch to brag to your friends about!
Paired with bacony chickpeas, this is the perfect savoury brunch that will hit the spot.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tsp Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 slices bread
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Lemon wedges, to garnish
- In a large frypan, heat 2 Tbsp oil on a medium setting. Toast the chickpeas in the oil for about 2-3 mins or until golden, then add the panko breadcrumbs and stir for another 2 mins until lightly browned. Remove from heat, then mix through 2 tsp Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning.
- Toast the bread slices to your liking, then top with mashed avocado, cherry tomatoes and a sprinkle of Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning.
- Top with the crunchy bacony chickpea mix, then garnish with parsley and a slice of lemon. Enjoy!