Vegan Chicken Burger
Posted on February 15, 2020
The ultimate plant based chicken burger recipe is here!
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 box Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken
- 1 tbsp an oil mild in flavour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large red onions, halved then sliced
- 4 soft rolls
- 1 avocado mashed
- 2 x large tomatoes
Vegan Bacon Mayo:
- A good sprinkle of Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning
- ½ cup Vegan Mayo
- Mix together 1 box of Deliciou Plant-Based Chicken with 1 cup water (240ml) and 1 tbsp of an oil mild in flavour. This will create a ground mince.
- Shape the mince into burger patties that are slightly wider than the buns. Place on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- To make the bacon mayo, mix Deliciou Original Bacon Seasoning and vegan mayo together until combined in a small bowl.
- Heat olive oil on a large pan on medium low heat, fry the onions until caramelised, approximately 10 minutes.
- Cut the buns in half and toast them on the same pan to give them a nice crust.
- In a well oiled large frying pan, fry the burger patties until they are slightly golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the patties from the pan, and set aside.
- To assemble the burgers, smear the base of the rolls with avocado and top with chicken, onion, lettuce then tomato.
- Smear the lid of roll with Bacon Mayo, and place on the top of the burger. Enjoy!
Enjoy free shipping US wide on orders over $30.