Quick Vegan Lasagne
Posted on July 06, 2021
Craving lasagna but don’t have hours to spare? Try this delicious and much faster plant-based lasagne recipe! Cut out the hours of making bolognese sauce with our Bolognese Veggie Meal Base, and have this epic cheesy vegan lasagna in the oven in 20 mins.
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 9 oz lasagna pasta sheets
- Parsley to garnish (optional)
- 2 packets Deliciou Bolognese Sauce
- 2 14 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups unsweetened oat or soy milk
- 3 Tbsp Deliciou Vegan Cheese Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Combine the sauce ingredients above in a large pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook for 10-15 mins, then season with salt to your liking.
- While the bolognese cooks, make the bechamel by melting the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Use a whisk to mix in the flour until combined, then slowly add the milk a little at a time, continuously stirring. The mixture should be thickened but still pourable - if not, add a little more milk. Take off the heat and stir in the Deliciou Vegan Cheese Seasoning.
- Assemble the lasagne - lay down a thin layer of bolognese sauce, then layer pasta sheets, bolognese, and bechamel until all the bolognese sauce is used up (about 3-4 layers). Finish with a final layer of pasta sheets, then pour any remaining bechamel over the top. Sprinkle with grated vegan cheese if you like!
- Cover the whole baking dish with foil and bake for 40-50 mins, or until the pasta is cooked through. Serve warm and garnish with parsley for a fancy touch!
Pro tip: add ½ cup of red wine and fresh basil or oregano to the bolognese sauce during cooking to add extra depth of flavour!
Grab your Deliciou Bolognese Sauce online and get free shipping US wide for all orders over $30.