Pork Katsu-Style Curry
Posted on May 06, 2021
Discover why this dish is a household favourite in Japan with this easy-to-make 100% plant-based pork katsu curry recipe. With a crispy plant-based pork patty served over rice and smothered in a creamy curry sauce it's the ultimate comfort meal.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 carrots, very finely diced
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 4 tsp curry powder, plus 1 tsp for pork
- 3 Tbsp plain flour
- 9 oz can coconut cream
- 1 Tbsp vegan stock powder + 1 cup boiling water, mixed
- 1 tsp mango chutney
- 3 cups cooked rice
- ¼ bunch cilantro, leaves roughly chopped
- Prepare pork according to package instructions, mixing in ½ tsp salt and 1 tsp curry powder. Mould into 4 round patties, cover and refrigerate until step 4.
- In a large pan, fry 3 Tbsp oil, onion, carrot, garlic, ginger, and spices over medium heat for about 5-8 mins, or until carrot has softened slightly.
- Add the flour and stir to coat the vegetables. Stirring continuously, add in the coconut cream, and then the stock. Reduce to low temp and leave to simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in mango chutney.
- In a separate pan, fry the pork patties in a thin layer of oil until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towel, then slice into strips.
- Divide the rice between 4 bowls. Top with pork katsu, curry sauce and chopped cilantro, and enjoy right away!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Pork online and get free shipping for all orders over $30.