Pork Sausage Rolls
Posted on January 17, 2021
This nostalgic classic is made plant-based with our Deliciou Plant-Based Pork. Enjoy crispy flaky pastry, with a delicious savory meaty filling. These plant-based sausage rolls are so close to the real thing, it’ll be hard to tell the difference!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 sheets vegan puff pastry
- Water, for brushing
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Tomato sauce or chutney, to serve
For the filling:
- 1 packet Deliciou Plant-Based Pork
- 1 cup (240ml) water
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, toasted
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 210C/410F fan forced.
- Combine all filling ingredients together and mix well.
- On a flat surface, cut each pastry sheet in half horizontally. Place one quarter of the filling mixture along the long side of one pastry half. Brush the opposite long edge with a little water.
- Roll up the pastry to enclose the filling, finishing seam side down. Press firmly to join and seal.
- Repeat with remaining pastry and filling mixture.
- Brush the top of each roll with water and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cut each roll into 4cm lengths and place on a baking tray 2cm apart, seam side down.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with tomato sauce or chutney. Enjoy!
Pro tip: Place the rolls in the freezer for 10 minutes before cutting. The pastry and filling will firm up and make it easier to cut.
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Pork online and get free shipping US wide for all orders over $30.