Corn & Zucchini Fritters
Posted on August 15, 2021
Sneak in some extra veggies with these simple, tasty fritters! Using just six basic ingredients and our vegan cheese seasoning, these yummy fritters are ready in less than half an hour. Whip up and freeze ahead of time to serve as a great appetizer, snack or light lunch.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 14 oz can corn kernels, drained
- 4 cups zucchini, grated
- ¾ cup green onions, finely sliced
- 1¼ cup chickpea (besan) flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp Deliciou Vegan Cheese Seasoning
- Fresh cilantro, to garnish
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise, to serve
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, corn, green onions, chickpea flour, baking powder, ¼ tsp salt and Deliciou Vegan Cheese Seasoning. Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes to allow the flour to absorb the moisture from the zucchini.
- Add 2 Tbsp oil to a large fry pan on medium heat, then spoon in about ¼ cup of the fritter mixture at a time into the pan. Cook for 2-3 mins on each side until golden brown. Set aside.
- Serve immediately, sprinkle with Deliciou Vegan Cheese Seasoning and add a dollop of vegan mayonnaise. Garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy!
Pro tip: Turn the oven on to 150C/300F and keep the fritters warm while you fry the remaining batter up. Try adding 1 tsp Deliciou Nacho Cheese Seasoning to the mayonnaise for an extra flavour hit!