Cacio e Pepe
Posted on May 30, 2021
A vegan twist on an Italian favourite - Cacio e Pepe, meaning cheese and pepper, is a simple but incredibly delicious pasta dish that everyone will love! With only four ingredients, this easy (and cheesy) vegan Cacio e Pepe recipe will have a family-friendly dinner ready on the table in less than 25 mins!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- 9 oz spaghetti pasta
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 4 Tbsp vegan butter
- 2 Tbsp Deliciou Vegan Cheese Seasoning, plus extra for serving
- Boil the pasta in salted water, according to packet instructions. Keep 1 cup of the cooked pasta water aside for later.
- When the pasta is almost done, melt 3 Tbsp butter in a large pan over medium-low heat. Add the cracked pepper and allow to simmer for a minute, watching that the butter doesn’t burn. Add ½ cup of the pasta water and stir to combine.
- Once the pasta is fully cooked, use tongs to take it out of the water and place into the pan. Add the last tablespoon of butter and use the tongs to mix it all through until the pasta is evenly coated in the sauce.
- Sprinkle in 2 Tbsp of Deliciou Vegan Cheese Seasoning and toss through the pasta. If the sauce seems too thick, add a little more of the pasta water and mix to loosen.
- Serve in bowls with an extra sprinkle of Deliciou Vegan Cheese seasoning and enjoy!