Beef Chow Mein
Posted on December 13, 2020
If you’re looking for the perfect weekday meal, whip up this simple and delicious family favourite in a big batch as it makes for some super tasty leftovers! Packed full of cabbage, carrot, curry powder, noodles and tasty Plant-Based Beef mince, this meal is one the whole family will love and is cheap and easy to make.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 5 oz chow mein or vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 Box Deliciou Plant-Based Beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 7 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cups Napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 5 Tbsp soy sauce
- Place the noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to stand until tender, then drain.
- Prepare the Deliciou Plant-Based Beef as mince following package directions, then set aside.
- Heat 3 Tbsp of oil in a wok, add the mushrooms, onion, carrots and peas, then stir-fry until softened.
- Add the beef mix to the same pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, breaking it up with a wooden spoon like mince, until golden.
- Add the cabbage, stir fry for 2-3 mins before adding the soy sauce, hoisin sauce and noodles. Allow the mix to sit for 30 sec at a time between stirring to allow crispy bits to form.
- Divide between 4 bowls, and serve while hot!
Grab your Deliciou Plant-Based Beef online and get free shipping US wide for all orders over $30.