Posted on April 26, 2017
Tomato Pasta - in Italian called Pasta all'Amatriciana. So easy and delicious with Bacon Seasoning!
- 200g spaghetti or spaghettini
- 1 medium sized Eggplant
- 1 Zucchini
- 3-5 cloves of Garlic
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 Birds eye Chilli/ 1tsp of hot chilli flakes
- 1 can of tomato paste (adjust to your liking)
- 1 heaped tablespoon of Spicy Bacon Seasoning
- Handful of freshly chopped basil
- Olive Oil
- Salt and black pepper to season
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius. Cut the eggplant and zucchini into sticks. Brush them generously with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta 1 minute less than what the packet instruction says/ slightly al dente.
- On medium heat, place olive oil in the pan. Add diced onions and fry until translucent. Then, add the finely chopped garlic and bird’s eye chilli into the pan and fry until fragrant, careful not to burn it. Pour the tomato paste and Deliciou’s Spicy Bacon Seasoning, stir well to combine. Next, add the canned diced tomatoes to the pan, and simmer for approximately 5 mins or until thickened.
- Carefully place the roasted eggplant and zucchini into the sauce, and mix until they are well coated.
- Drain the pasta, add into sauce and mix until fully combined.
- Garnish with finely chopped basil and serve while hot.