Crispy Taco Potatoes
Posted on March 04, 2020
Potatoes in Taco seasoning you say? We don’t mind if we do. There’s no logical reasoning to avoid our Taco seasoning!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 - 1.5 hours
- 1kg small salad potatoes
- Generous amount of olive oil
- A good sprinkle of Taco Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel the potatoes, keeping them whole, and ideally all about the same size (8cm). Parboil them in a pan of boiling salted water for 15 minutes – this will ensure that the insides become nice and fluffy.
- Drain in a colander and leave to steam dry for 2 minutes – this will help the fat to stick to the potatoes. Give the colander a few light shakes to chuff up the edges of the potatoes, giving you maximum surface area for a crispy exterior as they roast.
- Place a generous amount of olive oil in your largest roasting tray. Tip in the potatoes, add a good sprinkle of taco seasoning, then toss to coat, and spread out in one fairly snug, even layer but with small gaps between them.
- Squash the garlic bulb, then lightly crush each unpeeled clove and add to the tray.
- Roast for 1 hour, or until potatoes are crisp and golden all over.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Gently half-squash each potato with a potato masher to resemble small potato cakes.
- Roast for a further 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden and amazing. Sprinkle more Taco Seasoning before serving. Enjoy!