BBQ Chicken Sub
Posted on August 19, 2020
Fill er’ up! The perfect smoky, savoury and slightly sweet sub for a satisfying lunch or for entertaining! Crispy, warm and stacked to the brim with tasty goodies, we think we’ve nailed it on this one. Try it out!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
For the chicken:
For the avocado mash:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 Tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
For the caramelized onions:
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of Deliciou BBQ Seasoning
- 1 tsp of soy sauce
For the tomato salsa:
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 1 clove of garlic, diced
- ½ tsp of salt
- Olive oil
For the sub:
- 2-3 baguettes or Turkish bread
- Follow the instructions on the Deliciou Box and use the chicken as a mince.
- For the chicken mince, start with a hot pan with the vegetable oil and cook the chicken mince for approximately 7-8 minutes until it becomes golden brown and crispy. Set aside.
- For the avocado mash, peel your avocados and place into a bowl with the lemon juice, salt, black pepper and olive oil and mash well with a fork until your desired consistency - we like ours a little chunky!
- For the caramelized onions, add the ingredients into a pan and cook on a medium heat, for about 5-10 minutes or until caramelized - stir occasionally to prevent sticking and burning. Place to the side once done.
- For the tomato salsa, mix all the ingredients together in a separate bowl and place to the side.
- Assemble the subs using your bread of choice with as much or as little of each element as you’d like and dig in!